We all agree that when we look good, we feel good. When we’ve had a shower and dressed in clothes that suit us, it gives us the “feel good factor” and we are ready to take on the world! It is very important that we make the best effort possible when going on a date because we want to make a good impression. Knowing that we are looking well and feeling positive will give us the best chance to make a good impression and to continue to do so for subsequent dates.
Below are a few tips to help you look and feel your best:
• If you haven’t had a haircut recently, go to a reputable barber for a professional cut. They can even give you a great shave! Nose and ear hairs are a big no – get rid of them!! If you have bushy eyebrows, they will also trim them for you.
• Always shave and shower and use a masculine-scented shower gel. Put on a little moisturiser after shaving to keep flaky dry skin at bay. It keeps your face fresh looking and you will smell lovely to a lady too! There are several brands made especially for men such as Nivea.
• Nails are an important aspect of good grooming, make sure they are cut and be sure to clean under the nails. Women DO look!
• Wear clothes that are neat and ironed. It can look dreadful to see shirt or pants that are wrinkled! Wrinkled clothes tell a woman that this man needs a mammy, some women may like that, a lot more don’t!! Whether you’re overweight or underweight is not that important so long as you dress well.
• Casual or formal? Neat casual can be fine, once it suits your age. Formal may be a bit too much for a first meeting, a lot will depend on your own style, its best to stay with clothes you’re comfortable in. If you’re not used to wearing a tie, don’t wear one! You will look uncomfortable and your date may think it’s because of her rather than your tie! Generally a nice well fitting jacket looks much better than a jumper.
• Always make sure your shoes are clean and polished. No point in going to all this trouble to look good only to spoil the image with scruffy shoes!
• Be sure to wear antiperspirant deodorant. Even after having a shower, feelings of anxiety can increase perspiration levels and the last thing you want is for her to get a body odour from you. Not a good first impression! Also, be sure not to over do it with deodorant or aftershave lotion as it can be over powering and really turn someone off.
• Last but not least, brush your teeth and use a good mouth wash. Have your teeth professionally cleaned if required. If you suffer from bad breath or want to camouflage smoker’s breath keep a packet of mints nearby. Don’t chew gum!
• A woman will instantly see a man who makes the effort, and it’s the best way to impress her!
Now you’re ready to head out and meet that new woman!