10 thought provoking Dating Tips
1. Get prepared for dating. If you really want to succeed in the dating game, be ready to commit to dating. Half-heartedness won’t work. In fact, it won’t even get you half-way. If you really want to date, put some effort into it. Do some research and think about what you want out of dating. Prepare yourself for the inevitable rejection we all face at some point in dating and commit not to give up.
2. Get your act together. Begin a regime of looking your best. Join a gym, read health magazines, get fit and start a diet. Get your hair cut or styled and begin a new regime of good grooming or beauty treatment. Though it will not find you a date in itself, you will feel a million times more confident about yourself, and others can sense that.
3. Go shopping and treat yourself to new clothes and even a whole new look. Get your image right, one that you can manage and live with, but one that flatters you. Don’t try to be someone you’re not, but amplify and accentuate your positives. Throw out those tired jeans, old sweaters or cardigans and spruce yourself up. Your date will appreciate that you demonstrated some effort.
4. Think about what you want to gain from dating and what time frames you expect. Do you see yourself married within 2 years? If you do, then approach dating accordingly. If you are more laid back and don’t take dating too seriously then ask yourself some honest questions about why you are dating and what you hope to achieve. If it is purely sex then ask yourself if you are about to be honest with those you hope to date.
5. Surround yourself with people who will support your dating aims. By following the first four tips you will feel better and be more focused. Don’t sabotage this by sitting around with friends who are negative about love and relationships (often the married ones). Start attending social functions frequented by singles. Sitting alongside couples at dinner parties iis not necessarily where you need to be right now.
6. Choose those you have a good chance of dating. Be realistic. In other words, your dating is based on the whole package you present as well as just your personality. If you are looking for a glamour girl or boy and want to date someone trendy and gorgeous, great! Just know that others will expect you to be the same.
7. Join clubs, societies, sports events, and drama groups — anything that might help you meet like-minded potential partners. You will not meet people by staying indoors and playing video games – many have tried and failed at this approach.
8. Take time off from dating occasionally if it’s not going well or causing dating fatigue. Recharging your batteries and keeping confidence and optimism levels high is an absolute must. We all hit rough patches, but don’t let your search for love become a death march. Date in phases if necessary.
9. Enjoy dating for what it is, dating. It is meeting people and socializing and spending time in the company of stimulating individuals who may or may not play a bigger part in your life down the road. The fact is, most people have something interesting to offer. While you may not be out on the dating scene looking for new friends, you may well find one or two fabulous people along the way.
10. Never make yourself too available. People like mystery and enigma and the thrill of the chase when dating. As part of keeping up the mystery, do not sleep with your dates early on. The longer a person is made to chase and fall for you within reason, the more likely that love may blossom. (And yes, this goes for both men AND women!) If the chemistry peaks too early, your emotions may never have time to catch up and the relationship will eventually wither away.
A good site to put in your bookmarks!
At a glance you can see what is on in the theater, cinema and other venues, Movies – comedy – plays and music. It has the times – prices, where to get tickets and some info about the show…A great site to arrange where to go with your date.
Just a reminder about how we do things at Twoheartsmeet.ie
‘Pay Per Introduction‘ package: with this you pay a registration fee plus one introduction. If after 4 introductions from us, you still haven’t found your perfect match, we will automatically give youFree Introductions for a period of 12 months!
Good listening skills.
Practice becoming a good listener. This means giving your full concentration and not looking around you or interrupting or butting in with your own view on what your hearing. Just nod and smile to know you are following what is being said. Try to maintain eye contact only looking away for a few seconds now and again, and then bringing your gaze back to your partner. If not sure, ask them to clarify what they mean rather than pretending you are following the line of conversation. People love having a good listener in their lives and will appreciate you for this and hopefully be a good listener to you also.
We reveal ourselves to others by letting them know how we feel about various things in our life. Women really appreciate when men are open about their feelings. Let your date know the things that make you happy, sad, lonely, angry, frustrated, grateful, etc. Likewise, ask your date about the things that makes them happy, sad, etc. If they seem off form ask if something is wrong or if they want to talk about it. If they don’t want to talk, don’t persist, just leave it be. If you have proven yourself to be a good listener your date is more likely to talk to you about things affecting their moods because they know you will really listen, not interrupt or try to tell them what to do.
“I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.”
― Lisa Kleypas, Blue-Eyed Devil